Additional dates for COVID-19 antibody testing have been announced for any FDNY employee who has NOT already had the test done during our BIOPOD deployment. The test is free. Participation is voluntary. If you choose to participate it must be done on your own time and without department compensation. Testing will be done June 27 – June 30th from 7AM to 7PM. Locations for testing are no longer specific to FDNY facilities and are listed below. Results of your test will be sent to you within 3-4 days. Your results will not be shared with FDNY.
• Bronx: 3250 Westchester Ave, Suite 105, The Bronx, NY 10461
• Brooklyn: 348 13th St, Suite 102, Brooklyn, NY 11215
• Queens: 6122 Fresh Pond Rd, Queens, NY 11379
• Staten Island: 4855 Hylan Blvd, Staten Island, NY 10312
• Manhattan: 41 Elizabeth St Suite 702, New York, NY 10013
Am I eligible?
• Must be a FDNY employee who has NOT already had the test done during the BIOPOD deployment;
• Within the last 2 weeks, be free of any COVID-19 symptoms and did not have a positive COVID-19 test result (based on nasal, nasopharyngeal, or saliva sample);
• Have a valid mobile phone number or email address so that you can be contacted when your test result is ready.
How can I participate?
• Visit FirstSeroSurveyNYC.com or text keyword ‘TestNYC’ to 78378 to verify your eligibility
• When eligibility is confirmed, you will be asked to complete an online consent form and a questionnaire
• You must complete this BEFORE going to the site for blood draw.
• Following completion of the questionnaire, you will receive a QR code to bring with you for blood draw.
• No appointment is needed; all blood draws will be done on a walk-in basis
A positive result does not indicate you have active infection but rather that you may have been exposed in the past. We do not know yet if a positive test result means that you are immune to COVID-19 or that you can’t get it again.
Fire Department, City of New York
9 MetroTech Center, Brooklyn New York 11201-3857