Security Benefit Fund
Uniformed EMT,S Paramedics & Fire Inspectors
Of District Council 37 AFL=CIO
150-39 14th Ave 2nd Fl Whitestone NY, 11357
Planning your retirement is not an event, it is a process!
- At least one year before your contemplated retirement date go to NYCERS and review your pension profile to ensure all MAC’s are accurate.
Mezzanine Level at 340 Jay Street
in Downtown Brooklyn.
- At least 90 days before your anticipated retirement date file, in person, at NYCERS file
A) Retirement Form. Click Here
B) Option Election Form Click Here
When filing the Option Election Form include
a) Birth Certificate or Passport
b) A photo ID Drivers License or Dept ID
c) The address, DOB, & SS# of your beneficiary for the temporary option choice
3) Take the retirement receipt to FDNY Personnel. They will establish your last work day as well as your last day on payroll.
* After your last work day and before your last day on payroll you MUST complete the separation from service procedure and return all Dept issued equipment to the proper location. The separation from service voucher is in the OPS Guide-102-14
- When completing the separation from service procedure at fire HQ procure from personnel a Health Benefits Application Form. Complete the form, keep a copy, and return it to the Benefits Coordinator. This will switch your benefit status from active to retiree.
- About 3 weeks after retirement file FORM #380 Click Here to request direct deposit.
- If you retire on the 1st or 2nd of the month you will receive your first advance payment by the end of that month. If you retire on the 3rd or later your first advance payment will be at the end of the following month. PLAN ACCORDINGLY
- When you receive your first NYCERS check photo copy it.
Call DC 37 Health & Security at 212 815 1234. They will have you fax the check copy & the Health Benefits Application form. This will switch your union benefits from active to retiree.
- About 2 months after retirement you will receive an Option Election Form. You must return the form within 60 days. The sooner you file, the sooner your finial allowance will be calculated.
- In about 1-2 months your retirement will be finalized. Your pension payment is based upon your final option election. The first full payment might include retro active monies if your advance payments were less than the option payment you selected.
10) Other Considerations:
- Call DC 37 Annuity Fund @ 212 815 1888 to explore your options
B) Call NYC Deferred Compensation Fund @ 212 306 7760