What To Do When Stopped By BITS
If you are approached by a Bits officer you must present your State card and FDNY ID.
- Immediately ask for a union rep.
- Do Not answer any questions relating to the accusation from Bits.
- They are not allowed to interview you.
- If given an NOI you sign for it. It is not an admission of guilt.
- Do not engage them in an argument, yes sir/ no sir, yes ma’am/ no ma’am.
It is unfortunate but BITS officers have been baiting our members into confrontations leading to relieved-of-duty events.
We have or will be filing multiple contract violations against any officer who we believe is violating your contractual rights.
FDNY Local 2507